Resume Writing Tips-
- Spelling and Grammar– pay close attention to your spelling and grammar and always double check!
- Include all your contact information– the recruiter looking at the resume must have your most up to date contact information to move along in the hiring process.
- Keep information concise and relevant– Prioritize the most important information and list it chronologically. Use bullet points.
- Be Honest!
- Easy to read font (Times New Roman, SanSerif, Helvetica…)
- Do not fold paper
- No pictures
- 1-2 pages total
- Dress Appropriately (click here for dress code)
- Eye contact
- Turn off your cellphone
- Go alone (do not bring a friend or children)
- Be prepared to discuss:
- work history
- expected pay
- criminal record
Common Interview Topics/Questions
- Can you give me an example of a time you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours and how you dealt with that?
- Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team and how you resolved that conflict.
Customer Service Experience
- Can you please give me an example of time you went above and beyond for a customer?
- How did you manage unsatisfied customers or customers with complaints?
- Tell me about a time you failed. How did you deal with this situation?
- Can you provide me with an example of time you had to think on your feet?
Time Management Skills
- Can you give me an example of a time you managed numerous responsibilities and how you handled that?
- What methods do you use to manage your time and prioritize?
- Tell me about your proudest professional accomplishment.
- What type of leadership do you respond best to?